Feb 27, 2009 · I agree with jnc623, except it doesn't matter what brand coolant you use. It does not have to be Ford Coolant. Just go to the auto parts store and buy a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze/ coolant, unless you are up north and then you want to run 100% antifreeze/coolant. Fill the tank to the full cold line and start the engine.
Frequency to db conversion formula
- My autostore chain carries it and will get any coolant you ask for. My grocery store carries prestone prime green coolant too that is 4985 for sca and even has a picture of a semi truck on the front. Prestone doesnt make ordinary antifreeze in a yellow jug and hasnt made high silicate antifreeze in years.
- Oct 04, 2010 · Though you can use a different type of coolant as a replacement as long as you're doing a full cooling system flush. VW swears that their G12 is the only coolant you should ever use. Well 3 years later after a full cooling system flush, the Peak Long Life has given me no issues.
Apr 24, 2016 · As mentioned above, mixing coolants isn't recommended. That said, Prestone claims that this particular antifreeze is compatible with all types, making it an acceptable choice in situations where you're either out in the middle of nowhere, or if you've got a major coolant system repair coming up that will involve a full flush of the system anyways.
- Learn all about your Ford vehicle on the Official Ford Owner Site! Schedule Service.Get Discounts & Coupons. Locate A Dealer. Log Into FordPass. Find Your Owner Manuals.
I change my coolant (yellow now) twice a year (five or six times already this year because of a stupid aftermarket waterpump that wouldnt seal, and ended up going to the dealership for an oem pump), I do a lot of city driving, I would love to use toyota coolant but around here $21.00 a gallon is out of my price range when I can get the prestone ...
- Any anti-freeze is good. But personally I prefer using Prestone. The best kind is the 50/50 already pre-mixed. Mix 50% water and 50% ethylene glycol antifreeze to protect your car down to -34F. Use up to 70% antifreeze if lower temperatures are expected, but no more; pure coolant does not cool as well as coolant mixed with water.
The new Prestone Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant For All Makes All Models is compatible with your However, Prestone Extended Life Antifreeze is safe to use in your VW and will offer excellent cooling These automobile manufacturers include Audi, BMW, Daewoo, Daimler Chrysler, Ford...
- Softening (and the resulting distortion) was reported by Ford, which encountered gasket leakage problems when it tested a DexCool-type formula on its V8 engines. Ford also saw similar issues with other gasket materials. That killed the OAT coolant idea for Ford, which had used a DexCool-like coolant in the '99 Cougar V6.
Nov 17, 2020 · Prestone AF888 Dex-Cool Antifreeze. Meanwhile, the Prestone AF888 Dex-Cool Antifreeze receives a 4.9-Star average rating. This full-strength antifreeze is highly recommended and formulated for all vehicles, requiring Dex-Cool coolant. It is equally ideal for light-duty trucks that have aluminum radiators, which use extended life coolant.
- Jan 25, 2011 · I use dex cool for gm used it as is 50/50 just keep the same colors like green with green red with red. u dont have to use ski doo. I'm almost positive that (GM)dexcool blended with any non dexcool coolant makes this gummy sludge crap that plugs up passages in the radiator/cooler and water pump.
Jan 03, 2018 · In a Dec. 13 letter to dealers, Ford said mechanics should check the cars for coolant leaks, and if they find any concerns, they should make repairs that include hose replacements, a new valve and ...
- Prestone® Antifreeze/Coolant is completely safe for use in both foreign and domestic vehicles. For those consumers who would feel more comfortable using a phosphate-free antifreeze, our Prestone® Extended Life 5/150 Antifreeze/Coolant is phosphate, silicate, and borate free.
Ok guys. I am installing my EGR delete this sunday when I get back from deployment. I have a remote coolant filter to install as well. My question is if I can just throw in some prestone coolant after the install for a week or so til the CAT ELC comes in (havent ordered yet).